Welcome to the University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign Department of Communication Internship Program!
Communication interns are students who are trained in contemporary communication challenges and how to apply their knowledge to a variety of practical situations. They bring with them the latest ideas and practices in communication and can energize a workplace with their enthusiasm and desire to learn. In return, they receive an invaluable opportunity to learn about the work world, a particular industry, or discipline.
Offering Value to Your Business
Interns benefit your business in many ways:
- Cost-effective way to recruit and evaluate potential permanent employees without a long-term commitment
- Flexible addition to your work force (full- or part-time, paid or unpaid, three to six months during the fall, spring, or summer)
- Opportunity to allow current employees to pursue special assignments or to obtain experience by supervising an intern
- Means of fulfilling corporate social responsibility goals while at the same time potentially yielding significant gains for the bottom-line with creative and skilled young workers
The Communication Internship Program is committed to your satisfaction and the student's positive experience. We will assist you by:
- Publicizing your internship positions to Communication students
- Matching your positions to our students' qualifications
- Providing you with resources to better orient and supervise student interns
- Maintaining contact with you throughout the experience to answer questions
To get started, see the "Designing Internships for your Business" tab.
To submit an internship opportunity, please visit the "Request an Intern" page!