Specializations / Research Interest(s)
- Political economy of communication; 20th century media history; international communication; media and communication policy; media and social change.
Subscribe to Bob McChesney's email list, http://eepurl.com/uvCp9 and once or twice a year get email notices from Bob about his new books or articles.
- Ph.D., University of Washington
- Digital Disconnect: How Capitalism is Turning the Internet Against Democracy. New York: The New Press, 2013.
- Nichols, John, and Robert W. McChesney. Dollarocracy: How the Money-and-Media-Election Complex is Destroying America. New York: Nation Books, 2013.
- Foster, John B., and Robert W. McChesney. The Endless Crisis: How Monopoly-Finance Capital Produces Stagnation and Upheaval from the USA to China. New York: Monthly Review Press, 2012.
- McChesney, Robert W., and John Nichols. The Death and Life of American Journalism: The Media Revolution that Will Begin the World Again. New York: Nation Books, 2010.
- The Political Economy of Media: Enduring Issues, Emerging Dilemmas. New York: Monthly Review Press, 2008.
- Communication Revolution: Critical Junctures and the Future of Media. New York: The New Press, 2007.