Lauren Weiner is the Program Coordinator and Academic Advisor for the Health Communication Online Master of Science (HCOM) Program and Teaching Assistant Professor of Communication. She joined the University of Illinois in 2009 after completing her Ph.D. at Northwestern University.
Within the HCOM Program, Dr. Weiner holds several administrative and teaching roles including: developing and teaching courses, providing advising services for current and prospective students, managing admissions for the program, developing and implementing marketing strategies and supervising undergraduate interns working with the program.
Dr. Weiner's research interests center around the topics of family communication and health, specifically, communication dynamics of families of pediatric cancer survivors, family communication pertaining to genetic risks and disclosure of genetic illness, and the influence of family communication dynamics on members' health-related behaviors.
- Ph.D. Northwestern University, 2009
- M.A. Northwestern University, 2007
- B.S. Northwestern University, 2005
- CMN 501: Introduction to Health Communication
- CMN 504: Family and Health Communication
- CMN 510: Capstone Independent Study (Summer 2012)